What You Need
For most companies, a sale event is a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence in the life cycle of the business. Selecting counsel that understands the entirety of the process is paramount: from sale planning through the sales process to closing. You need counsel that is not merely familiar with corporate sale transactions but is also deeply experienced in consummating sale transactions and understands how to “close the deal” and not “kill the deal.”
How We Deliver
We do not stand on ceremony, pursue “academic” issues, or get bogged down in theory or principle. Instead, we work with our clients to understand their business mechanics and risks so that we can prepare and negotiate transaction documents that are appropriate for their unique circumstances. We help our clients in a transaction to distinguish the issues on which they must stand firm from those where reasonable compromise is appropriate.
We advise our clients on every aspect of their transaction, including due diligence, deal terms, tax planning, transaction structure, financial review, executive management and employee retention strategies and compensation, transaction mechanics up to and following closing, and post-closing activities. Having closed hundreds of transactions, we make the sale (or acquisition) process streamlined, efficient, and minimally burdensome for our clients so that they can concentrate on running the business while we focus on closing the deal.
- Statutory, triangular, and reverse-triangular mergers
- Tax-free and tax-deferred mergers
- Equity purchase and sale transactions
- Asset purchase and asset sale transactions
- Joint ventures and other business combinations to leverage combined businesses
- Roll-ups, spin-outs, spin-ins, and divestitures
- Partial sale transactions and installment, staged, or step transactions
- Shareholder buyouts
- Purchase or sale option agreements